To some, it doesn’t matter what you do: once you are charged with being a female* in public, you can’t win. Take this article and the following comments about Angelina Jolie and two of her children going to the movies - let’s see how the kyriarchy responds to that seemingly innocent act:
- Treating motherhood as a public spectacle.
- Putting a young girl’s body up for public vote.
- Expecting females at all ages to express the proper amount of femininity (while playing a shell game with that that actually looks like) and either:
- Pitying one for not expressing enough femininity, or
- Shaming one for expressing too much femininity.
And the fact that people can find these things “cute” is a symptom of how sick society really is.
*This post seeks to analyze the way the public treats those who are presumed female girls, and makes no speculation as to the actual gender identity of these children